5-Day Hair and Makeup with Portfolio London
This class is designed for individuals who wish to pursue make-up artistry and hair styling as a profession. This is an intensive course covering areas of Bridal, Fashion and Media by using appropriate cosmetic and hair styling products, colours, techniques and tools of the trade.
The programme will contain practical demonstrations on how to achieve a variety of looks for a professional camera. It provides an insight related to working in the wedding or fashion industry including some ideas of business development, portfolio presentation and marketing your business.
Following areas are covered:
- Introduction to makeup
- Product and tool knowledge. This covers understanding skin types, and various products and tools used throughout the course
- Makeup techniques
- Bridal makeup consisting of – Registry, Engagement, Mehndi, Traditional and Contemporary wedding day looks.
- Fashion makeup consisting of
- High Fashion trends as well as covering makeup from different eras
- Media makeup consisting of
- magazine editorial and TV makeup such as fashion/bridal shoots and commercial media makeup (current trends are for HD TV)
- Special occasion makeup consisting of day, party and evening makeup
- Insight into basic hair styling techniques: various curling techniques and hair ups
Advice and business/market overview
- Face shapes
- Skin analysis
- Prepping the skin
- Priming the skin
- How to chose the correct foundation colour
- How to chose the correct foundation medium
- How to work with powder, liquid and cream / panstick foundation
- How to contour the face ie
- How to hi light and shade the face
- How to apply blusher
- How to apply lip liner, lipstick and gloss
- How to do basic eye makeup
- How to contour the eye
- How to apply eyelashes
- How to apply eye liner - basic and elaborate
- How to do evening eye makeup
- How to do smokey eye makeup
- How to do Asian bridal eye makeup
- How to do Arabic eye makeup
- How to use glitters and shimmers
- How to do Photographic makeup for HD photography
- How to prep Hair
- Products and tools used for styling
- How to section hair
- How to do a basic blow dry
- How to tie a Pony Tail
- How to style using a tong
- How to style hair using a GHD
- How to create pin curls
- How to set hair with standard rollers (and Heated rollers)
- How to create wavy hair
- How to backcomb
- How to create a Half Hair up do
- How to create a bridal bun in 3 different ways
- How to do a 3 stranded and a 4 stranded Plait
- How to do a Fish Tail Plait
- How to do a French Plait
- How to do a French Pleat / Vertical Roll
- How to do a Horizontal Roll
- How to do Barrel curls
- How to do a Basket weave
- How to create Afro hair from straight hair
Each day is broken down into two halves, first half is generally makeup and second half is hair or vice versa.
This is a One to One Course
Competence Level - Beginner
Course Fee, Duration, Location, 5 Day Course (10am to 5pm), TBA
When is the next course?
Please request date
How to book?
Please use the Contact form or give us a call. Full payment is required to secure your place on the course.
Is this course also run in the evenings?
Most likely, just ask! If it is a 5-Day course in the day, then the evening version will be 10 evenings of 3 hours.
Who is this course aimed at?
For people who want to learn professional makeup and hair skills
What is included?
5 Days of Intensive Training in Hair and Makeup by Sana Kermani of Sana K Makeup
Demo of all the looks so that you know what to re-create under supervision
Basic and advanced skills for Makeup and Hair
Professional Photographic Portfolio Shoot with a Professional Model under Sana's supervision
Access to jewllery and accesories for styling
6 Edited Digital High resolution pictures for your future use
Experience working with a model, photographer and learn to style for a modern and a traditional look under a time-constraint (replicating real work in the future)
All products and tools are provided for class use, you only need to bring yourself
All other items for an ongoing makeup or hair kit will be recommended to buy.
What are the Benefits?
Sana K Makeup and Hair students will receive a discount on further courses and shoots
Aftercare - you can liase with us even after the course and take advice
If you are booking a training course, full payment is needed to book your place on the course of your choice